Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Three Things New Miranda Does that Old Miranda Didn't

1. Drink more water

Cointrin and I are doing another "contest" to cut soft drinks from our diet. It's more of a support group thing than a competition because, as usual, there's no prize, no nothing - just two people who have chosen not to drink any juice or pop until... we're not sure. Sometime.

Needless to say, Cointrin is doing a much better job at this water thing than I am (true, I haven't had any juice or pop, but my Mio use has increased exponentially). It's hard. I would have cracked completely if we weren't doing the no-pop-challenge together. I would give anything for a Pepsi right now. Also, some hash browns, covered in cheese, with some onions and wieners in them. And a BLT. And some chips and onion dip. God, I'm hungry.


2. Make my own eczema cream

Really, that's a thing I did last night. Check it out!


I used this recipe: http://diyconfessions.com/2012/11/15/homemade-eczema-creamskin-moisturizer/.

I'll check back in a week (no, really. I will!) and let you know how it's going. I think eczema or no, this is probably a good hand cream recipe as far as homemade stuff goes. What's not to love about olive oil, coconut oil and oatmeal?


3. Join Tumblr

Okay, this is less like, a "New Miranda" thing as it is another way to get some more Hannah Hart into my online diet, but there you go. I have a Tumblr now. And I have nooo idea what to do with it. I feel like I'm showing my age here. What is Tumblr, anyway? I always thought Tumbler was to Pinterest as MySpace was to Facebook, so I never bothered. Come to find out I can follow blogs or something? Clearly, I need to surf around the site for more than the two seconds it took me to sign up and find Hannah.


Bonus Thing

I also researched some volunteer positions in my area, but nothing meshes with my childcare arrangements and Chase's work schedule at the moment. I think I'm going to have to keep creeping on some one-time-volunteer opportunities until something I can take comes up. I did learn that one of the senior centres has positions available, so that's definitely something to consider if I could somehow magically accommodate the hours. I would also love love love to teach people to read at the library. Oh my goodness; if only people wanted to learn to read with a 3 year-old and 6 month-old whining beside them...

No comments:

Post a Comment