Monday, April 2, 2012

Let's Aim for some Cheerier Content, Social Media!

I feel like I'm surrounded by images of dying or dead babies lately. I can't escape them! YouTube keeps wanting me to watch vlogs that have titles like "In Memory of Baby Jessica" or videos with thumbnails of stillborn children. Someone on my Facebook feed suggested I "like" a picture of a toddler who had her arms and legs blown off to "help this little angel". Someone else suggested I "like" a photo of a little kindergartner dressed in an army uniform saluting what can only be the tombstone of his dead father. Is this some kind of conspiracy? Does Jesus want me to cry right now? Because I will. Nothing makes me vomit from sadness more than mourning, hurt, sick, dying and dead kids. I am seriously contemplating crawling into Whitney's crib with her right now and sobbing myself to sleep while I think about how lucky I am to have a happy, healthy, completely whole and alive daughter in my arms.

Dear Whitney,
Please don't ever die. 
Thanks, 
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment