Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Motherly Advice - or Why Carolyn Hax is My Hero

Full disclaimer: this entry exists solely to share an old article from the Washington Post, where Carolyn Hax schools an uppity bitch who accuses Stay at Home Moms of being lazy liars:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/22/AR2007052201554.html

I have nothing new to add to this argument. To say that I find motherhood to be the most challenging thing I've ever done is A) no surprise to anyone (I'm lucky I can keep myself alive, let alone a defenseless toddler), and B) reiterating what any parent (stay at home, or working) would tell you.

I WILL say that after 9 months of maternity leave with Whitney, I was more than ready to go back to work just so I could take a break (not that being a working mom doesn't come with its own ball-busting challenges). I have nothing but respect and admiration for my stay-at-home friends who have to put up with false stereotypes like the one perpetuated by people like the lady who wrote to Carolyn Hax. I sincerely hope that chick has children now so she can show us all how relaxing it is to be a parent; I could use some advice from someone who knows what she's talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment