Saturday, September 15, 2012

Dieting for Lazy People: Week 1 Recap (5.5 lbs lost)

Pounds Lost this Week: 5.5
Total Pounds Lost: 5.5
Pounds to Go: 12

Speaking as someone who only periodically looks at weight loss blogs, and even then, only for the pictures, I realize that reading about my diet sans photos is a big yawn for most people, so I'll keep this brief* (and I'll try to post some pics or something tomorrow).

* You're probably asking yourselves Why blog about it at all?!  Um... I don't really know. My internet addiction is such that I don't want to do anything unless I can talk about it online. It's a problem. I need help.

Sooooooo calorie counting is a freaking miracle if you can stick to it. And I have! For 7 solid days I've been closely monitoring everything I eat. It's been relatively painless (with the exception of today. Right now, all I want to do is sit down to a bag of Turtles and a 2 litre bottle of coke), and the payoff has been high. I lost 5.5 lbs this week alone! Go me!

I can't sustain those numbers for much longer with diet alone, though. I'm going to plateau out hard. THAT'S when I'll start exercising, and not a moment before. I've been walking a little this week, but I'll pick up the pace with some jogging and pilates or something when I become discouraged by the numbers on the scale. It's genius**! I get to be lazy for a little while longer (which appeals to my inner procrastinator), and I have built in a way to get me past the wall when the going gets tough.

** Clearly, I am not a dieting expert.

No comments:

Post a Comment