Monday, September 10, 2012

I WILL Find a Cure!

Mothereffer, I am fed up with this eczema crap! I wrote about it a year ago, and nothing has changed. I had a bit of relief while I was pregnant (man, I love being knocked up!), but it's been really bad since Lorelai was born. It's interfering with my typing again which means it's interfering with my internet addiction which means it's time to take care of this BS once and for all.

A few weeks ago, I had a momentary lapse of judgement and let Whitney take a nap in my bed when she REFUSED to sleep in her own. I should have known by her immediate silence that she was up to no good, but my sleep-deprived self chose to believe she was actually conked out. Fast-forward twenty minutes when Whit stumbled out of my room literally covered from head to toe in my steroid cream. I didn't even have the strength to yell. I just cried and said "Whitney, what did you doooo?!" She said "My teddy bear needed some hand cream" and lead me back to my room where I found a stuffed animal saturated in medication and tucked neatly into my bed, which was also white with cream.

I have never been a big fan of medicated lotion, but when my flare ups are really bad, sometimes it's the only thing that keeps the eczema at bay enough to get by. Now, that's not even an option unless I visit my doctor, who is an hour away and who, even though I love her, I hate seeing.

It's time I found an alternative way to deal with my eczema, anyway. I'm tired of doing the same old thing and expecting a different result. I've been researching natural treatments, and my plan is to work through them one-by-one until I find something that actually helps.

First on the block is evening primrose oil (how-to from eHow here). It's easy and I just so happen to have a whole bottle of it in my house left over from my last week of pregnancy when I was taking it to soften my cervix. I'm not convinced it did anything to induce my labour (although, Lorelai did shoot out of my nether regions like a ball from a canon), but maybe it will do something for my hands. I'm going to take 4 grams of it every day for two weeks and see what happens. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment