Monday, September 10, 2012

Diet Update

Okay, I promise to post some weight loss pics or videos soon - a before and after type deal. I just need to skip my nap someday and put something together when no one is around to witness my shame.

So, the diet? Total failure. Who knew eating whatever the eff you want makes you GAIN weight?! My "eating at home" kind of translated to "making the fattiest meals on earth*" (recipes coming soon), "drinking enough Bailey's and milk to make me a borderline drunk", and "devouring a pound of bacon in a day".




Sooo I went back to the ol' drawing board and decided that I wouldn't eat any obvious sources of junk food, and I wouldn't drink any calories (no juice, pop, milk, etc.) for the whole month of September; although, I did allow myself 6 cheats a week. Needless to say, I used up my 6 cheats by the middle of day 2 and gave up completely for a week.

Now I'm doing the whole calorie counting thing. I've kept up with it for the past 3 days and I'm already noticing a difference. Like, a 3 lb difference. Keep in mind I'm breast feeding so my weight fluctuates depending on how much milk I'm retaining, so maybe my boobs were just empty or something when I weighed in this morning. Also related to breast feeding: I get 500 "freebee" calories because the baby eats them (I love my tatas!). It could be I haven't actually lost any poundage at all, but I prefer to think my hard work is paying off.

Calorie counting is the ONLY way I've been able to lose weight in the past. I don't track my fat or carbs or anything because I'm a picky eater and a lazy fuck. I just stick to a set calorie limit and if that means I eat 7 chocolate bars and nothing else that day, so be it. That being said, I prefer NOT to starve, so calorie counting actually makes me a more responsible eater. I've eaten less junk food in the past 3 days than I have since I started this whole diet thing.

If you're a calorie counter, I highly suggest this site that Cointrin turned me on to: My Fitness Pal. I've used a lot of calorie counters in the past (Daily Plate and Spark People being two of them), but I like this one the best because the food search is amazing (like Cointrin, I haven't entered a single food it wasn't able to find), and sometimes it even tells me something is Canada-specific (for example, my cereal was listed as "Kellogg's (Canada) - Rice Krispies Cereal").

Anyway, I'm happy to report that the diet is going well now. I sincerely hope I haven't jinxed myself by writing about it. Stay tuned for a possible photo or video of my post-baby belly (Wooo. Sexy!).

No comments:

Post a Comment