Sunday, August 19, 2012

I'm on a Diet, Y'all!

Now that I'm officially 6 weeks postpartum, I figure it's time to get back into shape*. I'm starting off my whole weight loss project with a friendly competition with Cointrin - first one to lose 10 lbs wins. We never discussed what we win, so I assume the prize is just the satisfaction of being 10 lbs lighter and the right to gloat about it (because, if I actually pull off this miracle, I am going to gloat my ass off).

*I say "back into shape" as if I was ever in shape to begin with.

I MIGHT log my progress via video blogs, but if I do, they will start next week because my inner procrastinator won't let me do it today, no matter how much I beg and plead with her. In the meantime, I can tell you that my starting weight is 126.5 lbs. I realize that 126.5 lbs is pretty reasonable already, but I'm 5'2" and I have large, childbearing hips so I don't wear it as well as I'd like.

For those of you who may be worried that I am going to get all anorexic on you, fear not! My plan of attack this week is mainly just making more meals at home instead of eating out, and drinking fewer calories by making water my main source of hydration. I'll start thinking about exercise and whatnot some other time...

1 comment: