Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Whitney Wednesday: Sometimes She is a Monster



I had a really bad day with Whitney today - a day so horrible, I contemplated disowning her - but rather than tell you about how she attacked a bunch of strangers on the bus (if I had duct tape, I would have strapped her into the stroller mummy-style), I'll tell you 3 things I love about being her mom right now: 
  1. At night, after I put her to bed, we spend a good 5 minutes yelling "Love you!" back and forth across the house. It's loud, it's obnoxious, and it's totally adorable. 
  2. Now, when I finish using the bathroom1, Whitney says "good job!" and claps for me the same way I do for her when she uses the potty. In response, I say "Yeah! I did do a good job! Give me a high five!" ... and she does. Who else would give me a high five for peeing? No one. 
  3. She has my back. Tonight, when a fellow bus rider2 kept sighing and rolling her eyes in a way that was obviously meant to tell me a) that my child is out of control, and b) that I am a bad mother, Whitney hoofed her in the shin with her wet sneaker. It was terrible and awesome and I secretly loved it. 
1The door is always open because - and I don't know if you know this, but - once you have a baby, there is no such thing as privacy, particularly if you are alone with your child as much as I am.
2Read: nasty bitch

No comments:

Post a Comment