Friday, November 9, 2012

I Heart You, Daylight Savings!

Can I take a minute to tell you how much I love daylight savings time? Because I am loving it - el oh vee eye en gee IT! DST could not have come at a more convenient time for my family. We were already going to use the switch as an excuse to put my almost-three-year-old to bed an hour early, but she decided to drop her nap in the few days leading up to the change so now I'm able to put her to bed that much earlier. Lights out went from 8:00 at night (realistically closer to 9), to 6:30 in the evening, and she still gets up around 7:00am. Momma's got a new lease on life!

I miss nap time like only a mother who gets up to nurse 2+ times a night can, but I'm able to make it through the day with my old, delicious friend chai tea. Sacrificing my own mid-afternoon sleep for a little more freedom during the day (do you know how nice it is to leave my house whenever I want and not have to worry about nap time?!), is totally worth it. I can spend more uninterupted time doing fun stuff with the girls, and I have a solid block of "me" time in the evening that I'm not sleeping through. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment